Thursday, July 2, 2009

Second Home: Innsbruck



The past year I have been studying International Accounting and Management at the University of Innsbruck. I am a full-time student, so I take the train several times a week from Zell am See to Innsbruck, which is the capital of the Bundesland, Tyrol. It is a two hour commute which I happily dedicate to studying.

I sometimes feel like I spend more time on the train and in Innsbruck then I do in Zell. I feel like I know Innsbruck, but not really. It is a very nice sized town. It has the token tourist Altstadt, but it also has a large University, so there is a vibrant night life, decent prices and creative pulse to balance it out.

Innsbruck is surrounded by mountains and word on the street is that you can take a lift from the center of town all the way to the slopes!



This is the famous Goldene Dachl (Golden Roof) that is the city emblem.

Here is another picture of the colorful downtown taken from the perspective of under the Goldene Dachl.

Behind my university is the Hofgarten, which offers a nice escape from stress.

My intention is not really to make this a travel blog, but if you do want some basic information about eating and where to stay, Innsbruck offers a wide variety of places to eat, from the standard touristy restaurants, to a nice selection of international restaurants and you can find a good selection downtown. I have only stayed the night once, at Pension Stoi. It is centrally located, not far from main train station, quiet, clean and the owner is very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment