Thursday, March 25, 2010

SCHIFOAN!

Everywhere I have lived I have really tried to find that one something that is from that particular place, or culture, to which I can really, truly relate. Something that really translates, not just in words, but also feelings. I have struggled enough with the Austrian dialect - especially here in Pinzgau and it did not help that I actually spent more time in Tyrol the first year - so I often did not get much further beyond the literal meaning of things.

So one day I was on the Schmittenhöhe and happened to hear this song being played at the obnoxious-yet-I-can-see-how-it-can-be-fun-PS.-your-liver-will-hate-you-the-next-AM bar at the tippy top and I understood it. Not only the words, but I totally relate to this song. I feel exactly the way this song describes going skiing.

If you are interested, Wolfgang Ambros, the artist, is known for starting the genre of music called "Austropop".

Last night Wolfgang Ambros gave a free concert here in Zell am See. I was there and I sang along with the locals, because this is my anthem when it comes to how I feel about skiing....

...speaking of which, I am still on the slopes!! Let's hope the snow holds out until April 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment