Monday, May 10, 2010

This and that....

It dawned on me that I have not been doing a whole lot of anything lately. Sure, I do daily housewife things: cooking, cleaning, grocery and I have been working on cleaning up quickbooks for an organization in the US, reading IRS regulations, trying to find interest in things in the news, reading for pleasure, administrative things, but all of this at my own leisure and nothing of urgency.

I can spend hours walking alone only concentrating on the birds and on not stepping on ants. It is strange, but I am happy I have been able to achieve this state, that is, not constantly worrying about the past or future, but just being in the present.

It is annoying how this pleasant bubble can burst just by being asked a few pointed questions that even you don't know the answer to.

Anyway, here are some pictures of this and that here at home in Zell am See...

We had 4 big trees in our backyard. Now there is only 1 and an amazing view.

I made Thai Fresh Spring Rolls in an effort to clean out some of the random things in my food pantry.

We are always fascinated by this hideous "flower sculpture duck" that to me has come to symbolize that Zell is indeed a hot destination for tour buses filled with Omas.

Here is the other hideous bird that comes out for the summer crowds...sans head.

And here is Jason being silly....

1 comment:

  1. Being able to be in the present is such an important skill!!

    I love the flower mustache. ;)

    ReplyDelete