Friday, September 18, 2009

Odds and Ends in Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden used to be a hot destinations for Americans during a time when many American military were stationed over in Germany. It was only an hour drive away, so for the sake of making a "then and now" comparison of sorts, we went there!

We also wanted to go to the top of the Eagles Nest but decided against it after learning the price.



I was not in control of the camera that day, or maybe I was just overwhelmed with excitement at discovering a pottery studio....


...or maybe the discovery of a cafe that served THIS AMAZING SPAGHETTI EIS!

Whatever the reason I do not have many pictures! I am especially sad that I did not get one of the crazy hat shop run by an equally crazy lady! You need to ask my mom about that one. Yet, I do have this picture of Jason playing on an kiddie toy??

Because we went to the town first, we missed the last boat tour of the Königsee. I guess that we have our own See in Zell am See, but this one has some very dramatic cliffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment